Sonic Boom
(tv shows & cartoons)
MYFCOnline.com Message Boards » Comic books and Comic Strips »
The Comic Corner

First | [1]
The Comic Corner
Cafe_Chat on Dec 12, 2017 05:46:52

Posts » 35

Just a little random place to comic chat. Let us know what kinds of comics get your word-bubbles going! ;o

I’m getting into is Extremity, whose story and artwork are by Daniel Warren Johnson, a freelance illustrator and comic artist based in Chicago. He has done work like S.H.I.E.L.D. Secret History, and The Ghost Fleet.

If you’re interested, you can check it out. [ LINK ]

More about the comic series. [ LINK ]

----- attachment -----

----- signature -----

Edit 
Re: The Comic Corner
Cafe_Chat on Dec 12, 2017 05:58:43

Posts » 35

And Faith, which I love so much! [ LINK ]

The best thing to happen to this character was getting out of Harbinger, A.K.A the-stone-age-views of comics. Where Faith was more “fat” than “superhero”.

Faith is funny, aware and has moments of genuine issues. Faith herself is the most legitimate character I have ever come across. She’s down-to-earth and so are her co-workers and the space she works in. Sometimes, Faith’s personal life alone makes her an incredible superhero, without her persona or powers. I’m also thrilled about the pop culture references throughout. They are well placed.

After losing her parents in an accident, Faith Herbert finds solace in fictional worlds of superheroes and tabletop RPGs. Years later as an adult, she discovers her latent psionic abilities and joins a team called the Renegades, adopting the codename Zephyr. Through her experiences with them, she not only comes into her own as a superhero but a person in general.

What I like best about Faith is that she doesn't try to be a mantle for women’s issues. It’s not her responsibility to convey any sort of moral principle to readers. Faith is a woman who goes about her life as a woman, who happens to be plus-sized. She fights her own battles and feels like a real person in how she chooses to handle things. What anyone going through body and self-image and awareness can take away from this is up to them. Which is why it’s so refreshing to read. Faith is more considerate than that and I personally think it’s a stronger message than a surface dynamic.

A comic called Britannia was advertised on Faith and it always looked interesting. Maybe I'll pick it up one day. Here's more information if you're interested. [ LINK ]

----- attachment -----

----- signature -----

Edit 
NeelaClearwater on Dec 18, 2017 17:07:37

Posts » 244

I like the idea of buying comics from independent companies because I'm not biased with them. With DC and Marvel I know which ones I like and who I think is better but with independent companies I have no clue what their history is, so I focus more on their stories. My personal favorite right now is Mercy Sparx from Devils Due. She's a demon who is sent from God to arrest his fallen angels in order to receive time off her sentence in limbo.

----- signature -----

Romitri is life.

Edit 
Cafe_Chat on Jan 19, 2018 17:29:59

Posts » 35

Ooh, sounds pretty interesting, Libby. I'm always onboard with a demon doing the work of good. They always exceed the divine in their expectations and end up making a mockery of their integrity.

I like the idea of buying comics from independent companies because I'm not biased with them.

Me too, there are so many fresh ideas and new storyline types.

I've always taken to DC and Dark Horse more when it came to the more established companies. Lately, I've been looking for someone that has an almost H.R. Giger-ish art style with a Post-Apocalyptic subgenre.

----- signature -----

Edit 
First | [1]