kingdom hearts 1,2,3, & Birth by sleep
(games)
MYFCOnline.com Message Boards » Anime and Manga »
Anime and Character Award Nominations!

First | [1]
Anime and Character Award Nominations!
Nemurin on Jan 21, 2018 21:27:01

Posts » 228

Here is an unofficial, fun discussion board for members to "nominate" their favorite characters and series for the following categories!

Also to beware for slight spoilers.

Best Hero
Best Manga
Best Boy
Best Girl
Best Comedy
Best Ending
Best Opening
Best Score
Anime Of The Year
Best Villian
Best Slice Of Life
Best Action
Best Drama
Best Film
Best C.G.I
Anime On The Rise

And any of categories you might want to add!
Pick one, a few, or all and let's chat about them and your opinions. :D

For starters, I'd like to nominate Altair (spoilers ahead) from Re:Creators as best villian, she's pretty much undefeatable and the only one who can change her is her! So I think that's pretty amazing.

For best ending, i'd like to nominate Magical Girl Raising Project, because, well Nano is amazing and the song Dreamcatcher is one of my favorites now of all time.

For best score i'd also nominate Re: Creators, just because in this year's time, it was the one anime I felt comfortable with suggesting to ANYONE no matter their likes/dislikes, because it has so much creativity. Also Ancient Magus Bride!

For best C.G.I, The land of the lustrous is easily a nomination even though i just started watching it. Also re:creators was great as well.

And lasly, for now, for anime on the rise i'd like to nominate current seasons Violet Evergarden! Such a beautiful series and had me crying on episode one so i'm extremely excited to see where this goes. As well as Darling In The Franxx.

These are my current/past years series.
You can state past years, or all time as your nomination just specify! :)

This is my first time doing something like this so just have fun with it! It's not a contest by any means, just a platform to bring your favorite things to light, and to chat about and give a description for us all to read about and get great suggestions!

Be kind, supportive, and no arguing about what is best, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. <3

----- signature -----

Edit 
Re: Anime and Character Award Nominations!
Charlotte on Jan 21, 2018 22:43:56

Posts » 154

Fair warning, I got way to into this. c:
I usually only watch a few anime each season, mainly cause of lot of them are repetitive or just suck but this season has been pretty good!

Best Hero

This season I loved Akko from Little Witch Academia. I just love her attitude and I liked how she wasn't just amazing at magic right off the bat, she had to work for it. I really hope they do a second season.

One of my all time favorite heroes is Utena! I can rant about her for like...pages but I'm already going ham on this so we are just going to skip that. xD

Best Manga

I don't really read manga that often but I really love this one! It's got a very ol dIrish feel to it and has some similarities with Ancient Magus Bride (which is also a super good manga/anime).

Best Boy

Frankly, men in anime usually suck and I wasn't super into many of them this season. This isn't even my favorite kind of anime but I liked how Kiyotaka basically just didn't give a fuck the entire season.

Forever sad.

Best Girl

I also really like Akko but since I already mentioned her we will go for Chise! I especially like what they are doing with Chise in the manga but since the anime isn't there yet I'lll stay quiet.

I have a ton of favorite anime girls (Utena and Himari from Penguindrum come to mind) but I decided to add Sakura to this one because of the new anime that has just started!

Best Comedy

I wasn't super into any comedies this season, apparently Little Witch Academia counts, so I'll just go with goold old one that never lets oyu down.

Best Endings

Here are some good endings. xD

Best Openings

And some openings.

Best Score

I've already talked about them so this will be short but Ancient MAgus Bride, Little Witch Academia and Made in Abyss (which I haven't mentioned yet but is a good anime) have good scores and Utena and Baccano! have amazing scores as well! Utena has latin word salad fencing songs so of course it's amazing.

Best Villian

Tanya is love! I love the subversion of her looks to her twisted personality.

Musings

> I don't have as much for the rest and I've gotten bored of this so I'll just throw some closing thoughts into here!
I feel like Little Witch might win for anime of the year but I also love Ancient Magus Bride but the second half of it isn't as exciting for me.
I also didn't really like any of CGIs this year but I did just watch the CGI Godzilla movie they made and it wasn't bad.
Dreaming Princess was a good movie for things that came out recently.
And lastly I'm looking forward to more episodes of Sakura and Darling in the Franxx, although I really hope it does some fun subversion stuff or else some of the personalities might end up annoying me in the end. I'm also looking forward to Mahou Shoujo Site because I read a bit of the manga and I like the mix of horror and magical girl.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Nemurin on Jan 21, 2018 23:28:00

Posts » 228

Yayyyy I'm glad you did! Omg your best boy nomination xD I loved him. So true. I started Tanya saga of evil but never finished it though it seemed cool I guess I wasn't interested in the theme at the time.
And yeah I'm a bit bored with ancient magus bride at the moment, but every other ep pulls me back in! The last episode with silkys backstory I loved the first opening too.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jan 21, 2018 23:31:43

Posts » 154

I am not a big fan of the second op/ed for Magus Bride.
They aren't bad...just the first ones were so good and these just seem so meh in comparison.
I think it's because I read the manga so nothing feels new to me. xDD

----- signature -----

Edit 
Nemurin on Jan 22, 2018 00:12:09

Posts » 228

Even though i havent watched all of it, katsuhira from Kiznaiver reminds me of Kiyotaka, so i'm gonna nominate him for now because my mind draws a blank on best boys. xD

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jan 22, 2018 20:39:41

Posts » 154

Kiznaiver was good, a bit hit/miss cause some of the characters annoyed the fuck out of me but the ones I liked made up for it.
I did enjoy Katsuhira. <3

----- signature -----

Edit 
Nemurin on Jan 25, 2018 02:41:57

Posts » 228

For best comedy I think I want to add Gabriel dropout! I don't watch a lot of strictly comedic/slice of life stuff so this is closest that comes to mind. And miss kobayashi dragon maid.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Nemurin on Jan 25, 2018 02:45:35

Posts » 228

Oh man...let's add...saddest death
That's a hard one HONESTLY

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jan 26, 2018 13:20:51

Posts » 154

I feel like a lot of people would go with Nagisa or Ushio from Clannad but I found Menma's really sad as well, because she basically gets to die twice. ;~;
Also, the random puppy that gets killed in Elfen Lied
but probably the one that made me cry the most is Setsuko (and her brother) from the movie Grave of the Fireflies.
It's an older movie (80s I think) but it is soooo sad. D:
Basically about two siblings who are orphaned after the Kyoto Fire Bombings and it is just...ridiculously sad.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Cafe_Chat on Jan 29, 2018 06:10:25

Posts » 35

Hello! This is interesting, Nemurin. Thanks for creating the thread. Kind of brings back memories, sometimes I miss coming here to a fanbase. I’m not too versed in anime since I don’t really watch it anymore but when I did I had a lot of fun exploring them.

DEFINITELY A SPOILER WARNING!

Best Hero

For me that would have to be Kenzou Tenma from Monster. He had one of the most significant character transformations I’ve ever seen. He’s always been a good guy, but he starts out as a bit of a pushover. Letting people dictate his career and his fiancée is kind of a snob that looks down on his decision making constantly. Especially wanting to medically help people that can’t afford healthcare or treatment. Tenma saves the life of a killer and is haunted by this mistake through the rest of the show. He undergoes a lot of emotional development. Even his physical appearance changes along with his growth as a character. He goes from clean-cut and naive looking to rugged, with a little more experience on his face. He ends up building his strength and his exhaustion closer to the end of the series is often felt. You just want certain things to be over for the guy! Nevertheless, Tenma never loses his kindness, even when the show tries to send him through a psychological trip of guilt and revenge.

Best Manga

I haven’t read that many manga. I don’t know, they never appeal to me for some reason. Did keep up with Berserk anyhow, and seriously wish it was finished. Love it!

Best Boy

Soma Yukihira from Food Wars alllll the way. I like the comedy behind him but also the passion he has for cooking. Which I found relatable, thinking back when I was younger and experimenting with culinary ideas. Not just cooking either but having a passion for something you love. Have not seen Season 2 yet! But so far Soma comes from a good place.

Best Girl

Nana Osaki from Nana, for sure. She feels so organic and necessary. Simply because she’s endured so much and was able to retain her personality. Nana was an unwanted child, she was conceived illegitimately and abandoned by her mother. Her grandmother abused her in certain ways, she was expelled from school for a false prostitution accusation. Her appearance is something people tend to judge before ever getting to know her. She’s devoted and very kindhearted but is often called “rough around the edges” at first glance. Despite how much she was in love with someone, she refused to abandon her music career for them. Noting to him how far she had worked for something prosperous in her life. In the end, Nana is deeply misunderstood and is often the object of terrible rumor but those that put the effort in, find she’s much more than all that. I also love that she rises above and lets the gossip fall on her back because she’s up there, moving forward with herself.

Best Comedy

Cromartie High School, not much more to be said other than I still watch clips from this anime occasionally, because it’s the best.

Best Ending

Shiki No Uta from Samurai Champloo

Best Opening

Tank! From Cowboy Bebop. Aside from the phenomenal musical score written by Yoko Kanno and performed by the Seatbelts, I love the animation. Lots of old school technique and something you would see in a classic Noir film opening.

Best Score

Oh man, the Kids on the Slope OST always have my vote. Also composed by Yoko Kanno (Cowboy Bebop). The musical composition for each instrument is insanely good. Especially if you’re a fan of Jazz and Swing Bands.

[ LINK ]
[ LINK ]

Anime of the Year

Not sure, I don’t even know what’s current right now. I will say that Mononoke is always Anime of the Year for me. It’s timeless and I think it’s my favorite anime. Ever.

Best Villain

Ryo Asuka, because. Satan. Evil, evil boy. Actually, I think Ryo died a long time ago in the plotline and he was just always Satan after. Don’t remember that detail but anyway. Satan.

Best Slice of Life

Beck!! I shed a tear on this anime. Super good. The animation probably looks ridiculously outdated by now but I still think it’s one of the greats.

[ LINK ]

Best Action

Berserk, Gangsta., Gantz, and Dimension W so far but I haven’t finished it yet.

Best Drama

Monster, Kids on the Slope, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo, and Paradise Kiss.

Best Film

REDLINE, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Whisper of the Heart, Tekkonkinkreet and Belladonna of Sadness (because it has some of the most beautiful artwork).

Best CGI

Knights of Sidonia, Captain Harlock, Gantz:O, Blame!, Tiger & Bunny.

Anime on the Rise

Honestly, I don’t know. I’ve been trying to catch-up with The Ancient Magus' Bride and I’ve been seeing it talked about more and more. I love that Hoozuki no Reitetsu picked up again because of its recent second season. As for upcoming, Persona 5 and Lupin the Third Part 5 are two that I’m hoping to catch!

Man, there’s a lot of shows both anime and non-anime that I’ve been wanting to sit with but I just don't have the time! ;-;

----- signature -----

Edit 
Nemurin on Jan 29, 2018 21:12:03

Posts » 228

Woo! Hey thanks for participating cafe_chat! I loved reading your "nominees"
A lot i haven't watched/heard of but definately makes me want to look into them!

And yes, i didn't know how to organize this but i always get random flashbacks of special anime moments or just certain things so this can be the place for that to shout them out!

And yes, ancient magus bride is deff super good, love your profile picture!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Cafe_Chat on Feb 16, 2018 03:34:34

Posts » 35

You’re welcome, Nemurin! It was a lot of fun to look back on and even develop some inspirational creativity from revisiting the older shows.

I hope you get a chance to see Mononoke sometime! [ LINK ]

It has some very stunning artwork and visuals.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Feb 16, 2018 21:44:25

Posts » 154

What are some non-traditional anime that anyone enjoys?
I really enjoy surralism and just avant garde stuff so I love odd animes.

I really enjoy Masaaki Yuasa who did the Devilman Crybaby anime that just came out but my favorites by him are Kaiba (show) and Mind Game (movie.)

----- signature -----

Edit 
ohnoitsfrog on Mar 18, 2018 02:33:00

Posts » 20

Best hero Monkey D. Luffy
Best manga My Hero Academia
Best boy Joseph Joestar
Best girl Saber
Damn I'll come back later I need to think about it.

----- signature -----

Anime is the soul
hey add me and I'll add you
Edit 
First | [1]