Fate/Zero
Views » 82
MYFCOnline.com Message Boards » + News and Announcements »
Photo Gallery is on hiatus; Had to take one for the (MYFC) team ;_;

First | [1]
Photo Gallery is on hiatus; Had to take one for the (MYFC) team ;_;
Cmdr_Gabe_E on Jun 30, 2018 05:41:27

Posts » 397

HELLO, EVERYONE :D! If you've visited MYFC within the past 24 hours, you probably noticed that were in "maintenance/read-only" mode for almost a full day.

Well, my friends, the past day or so has been very tricky/challenging for me @_@. I feel like I was playing Tetris with my screen filling with blocks and running out of places to put in the blocks that are still coming down.

Long story short, our website here has reached a quota/limit on its web server, that made it a candidate for suspension. Actually, once the file quota is reached, things just stop working correctly behind the scenes. Imagine your email inbox at 99.99%...You probably won't be getting any new emails anytime soon.

In order to keep MYFC functioning, I had to make the tough decision to cut back on files stored, and for now, it's our Photo Gallery that's taken the brunt of that unfortunate cake. I liked it too, but I had to get rid of a TON of files (and fast) or 'break' the site altogether. And don't worry, I've backed-up the entire photo gallery section if it does return in the (hopefully near) future...Suffice to say...

I've not completely given up on the Photo Gallery :D! I'm still thinking of ways to get it back without pissing off the web sever. I've even thought about using a "content delivery network" like Google Drive, or maybe I'll bring it back but only allow (new) images to be links to images hosted elsewhere (images from imgur, deviantart, other photo upload sites, etc). My ideal solution is to revive it without compromising the rest of the site.

I'll keep on looking for solutions, and hopefully, Photo Gallery makes a return ^_^!
Thank you for your understanding and your patience :D! (Trust me, this was the last thing I had in mind as a weekend starter.)

Please do still enjoy and have FUN with what MYFC has to offer ^_^.

----- signature -----

You can trace the history of my fandoms on the footprints of my spouses ;).
Edit 
Re: Photo Gallery is on hiatus; Had to take one for the (MYFC) team ;_;
Alice on Jun 30, 2018 13:00:29

Posts » 78

WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE PICTURES THOUGH?!

THESE ARE OUR CHILDHOODS YOU'RE MESSING WITH!!!

THESE ARE OUR MEMORIES YOU'RE MESSING WITH!!!

WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST DO WHAT WE'VE BEEN ASKING YOU TO DO FOR MONTHS AND PUT A FUCKING LIMIT ON HOW MANY IMAGES AN ACCOUNT CAN POST A DAY OR A WEEK?!?!

I MEAN IT'S NOT ME OR MOST OF THE SITE'S FAULT THAT THERE'S LITERALLY ONE OR TWO GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN SPAMMING THE IMAGE GALLERY WITH NONSENSE SINCE THE SITE REVIVED.

AND IF THE DATA WAS THAT FUCKED, YOU COULD HAVE PUT A LIMIT LIKE, ONE PICTURE PER MEMBER PER WEEK OR ONE PICTURE PER IP ADDRESS PER WEEK OR EVEN MONTH, WHATEVER!!!

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?! I HAVE TONS OF PICTURES ON HERE AND THERE ARE ONES I DIDN'T GET TO SAVE, LIKE THE ONE'S WITH MATTIE!!!

WHY DO YOU NEVER LET US KNOW THESE THINGS, YOU HAVE DESTROYED THE SITE!!!

----- signature -----

He's my man and I love him so much..

Edit 
Zinnlia on Jun 30, 2018 13:10:28

Posts » 29

I hope it is temporary, but you should have considered putting a post limit on people. I can name two users who constantly spam the image gallery. If I'd known that we were going to lose the image gallery over excessive posting, I would have talked to the other admins about issuing warnings to people who were excessively posting.

I just wish you could have notified the site before you decided to take it down. It would have given everyone the chance to save or delete images. I'm sure people would have given you a hand and deleted posts they didn't need on their accounts to make it easier on you.

I know it's your site, but at the end of the day, I don't know why you always just do your own thing without telling us. We could have all worked together.

But hey, that explains why no one even logs on anymore.

I do have a question.

When the image gallery does return, is it going to return to its normal state with the comment sections and normal post dates?

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jun 30, 2018 13:11:03

Posts » 78

Oh, my god, I'm crying my eyes out because there's comments Mattie made to me in gallery images that I never screenshotted!!!!

I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU CAN'T GET THOSE PICTURES BACK!!!!!!

YOU FUCKING GO AND DELETE EVERYTHING WITHOUT EVEN LETTING US KNOW, AND THEN YOU PLAY IT OFF LIKE IT'S NO BIG DEAL!!!!

IT'S UNFAIR!!!!! I HAVE CHERISHED MEMORIES ON HERE THAT I NEED TO AT LEAST SCREENSHOT!!!!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jun 30, 2018 13:18:54

Posts » 78

I'M PRETTY FUCKING SURE THAT SHE PERMANENTLY DELETED ALL OF THE PHOTOS IN THE GALLERY......

AND I SWEAR TO GOD, DUDE. I'M SO PISSED OFF I'M TREMBLING.

THERE'S TWO PHOTOS OF MATTIE'S SELFIES I FORGOT TO SAVE TO MY PHONE! I FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT BUT!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!

AND THERE'S LOVING COMMENTS HE MADE TO ME THROUGH PICTURES I POSTED ON HERE. I NEED TO AT LEAST SCREEN THOSE!!!!

EVERYTHING ELSE, FUCK IT!!!!!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alexa on Jun 30, 2018 13:19:23

Posts » 101

I really think there should be a limit to
how many images are posted by a user too.

And there should have been a warning so users
could have gone and saved some of their old photos,
if the gallery is going to be down for a long time.

If the Image Gallery does come back,
I feel like Moderators should be able to approve of images
before they get submitted. :I
So that we can make sure artwork is [sourced]
and it's not just 50 low-quality hentai titty pics.
And decline the duplicate images.

There are so many other things that are on the site that
no one really uses. Characters of the Month just still get
wasted because users still vote with multiple accounts.

And we have so many Marriage Topics that are duplicates
users made a long time ago.
Like "!Naruto Chicks!" "!Naruto!" "Naruto!" "Naruto".

Moderators could help you clean the site
if you gave us the ability to delete some of
the stuff people throw on here.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jun 30, 2018 13:22:38

Posts » 78

PLEASE TELL ME YOU DIDN'T HIT CTRL ALT DELETE!!!!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alexa on Jun 30, 2018 13:27:19

Posts » 101

I just realized we can't have side images on our profiles now too.
Or the overlay images to cover our profiles.
Did something else get changed that's not noted here?

----- signature -----

Edit 
Zinnlia on Jun 30, 2018 13:28:03

Posts » 29

So that we can make sure artwork is [sourced]
and it's not just 50 low-quality hentai titty pics.
And decline the duplicate images.

Yes, thank you for pointing this out!
I think after a year of being elected admins,you should have already given us the ability to flag, approve, and delete things.
Instead, we've had to code our way to removing content, because you don't want to heighten our abilities.
I'm not sure if it's because you don't have the time to modify our abilities or because you don't think we're capable of doing this.
I think if it's a trust issue because Fox did have the ability to flag and you're afraid we'll abuse the feature, I think you need to remember that we've proven ourselves for a year.

I don't know.

If you didn't inform general member population, you could have informed us at least. It always seems like you have really bad communication with the admins.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jun 30, 2018 13:34:27

Posts » 78

YOU'RE NOT TAKING ONE FOR THE TEAM, YOU'RE LITERALLY SHITTING ALL OVER YOUR TEAM!!!

I COULD TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IF YOU GAVE US A FEW DAYS WARNING,

BUT THIS IS SOME SICK SHIT! THIS IS WORSE THAN ANYTHING YOU'VE EVER DONE!!!

AND I KEEP HAVING FAITH THAT IT WON'T GET WORSE BUT THEN YOU PULL SOME NEXT LEVEL SHIT AND LITERALLY DELETE OVER A DECADE WORTH OF OUR CONTENT!!!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jun 30, 2018 13:37:07

Posts » 78

Oh.... that's fucking great. xD All the hard work we put into our profiles. The right click code was disabled too, LOL. Cool.

Edit: I still have the codes in my profile but they obviously aren't working.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Zinnlia on Jun 30, 2018 13:54:03

Posts » 29

??????????

Seriously, I had a film over my profile because I didn't want people saving MY CONTENT. It was meant to waterproof my images. I strongly doubt that you disabled that feature due to there being "no space left" considering like 4 people on the entire site were using a film to waterproof their accounts.

Wow.

I'm pretty upset about that one.

If you're going to completely change things about our profiles, you need to let us know. Probably in your defense is because people can't select features like "messaging you", but there are ways to message people by following the url in the address bar and matching it to person's user ID. I think Lugia made a journal specifically addressing getting through accessing features on people's profiles.

It was a necessary security measure since you don't allow us to have private profiles and you don't offer any kind of protection. That's why we had to use codes that disabled right click and waterproofed our images.

Oh, man. It's like we take the time to code all of this stuff which btw, I'm not web developer, so I've learned to code all on my sweet time and by asking other people for tips, and that all gets wasted when you disabled these things and then don't repair it or give us an alternative????

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jun 30, 2018 14:19:45

Posts » 78

I'm just going to try my best to save the decade worth of content I have on here tonight and leave this place. You're really hurting us. We don't deserve this. It took us over a year to learn how to code and you fucked it all up. How can you say it's just the image gallery when you removed the codes from our profiles too? Regardless I'm trying to wrap my head around not being able to see those comments Mattie made to me in my pictures. I can't.

You are one sick, sick individual. You are playing with our childhoods and our memories. Did you ever take a fucking leadership class while you were in college? Because you are a shitty moderator who doesn't care about the feelings of those who use your site.

Are we just dollar signs to you?!?! We've been here since damn near the beginning and you just keep SHITTING all over us!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jun 30, 2018 14:32:15

Posts » 154

As Lugia said earlier
and I think we have mentioned in the past
moderators being able to edit content would be SUPER
helpful in this area.
There are so many repeating groups and frankly images we don't need on the site
so if mods could delete a lot of them that should help with the storage issue
and with other problems, like spam and what not.

----- signature -----

don't be afraid of this world where we'll meet
Edit 
Ako_Tamaki on Jun 30, 2018 15:54:15

Posts » 3

Nooooooo!! D'x

My piccies and giffies...all gone. *sniffle*

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jun 30, 2018 15:57:47

Posts » 154

@Gabe
I have nothing important I need to do tomorrow
Let me delete old stuff to make room so we can have our pictures back. ;~;

----- signature -----

don't be afraid of this world where we'll meet
Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 12:33:25

Posts » 78

Please do still enjoy and have FUN with what MYFC has to offer ^_^.

Uhhh. MYFC has nothing fun to offer though,
now that you took away our decorating codes.

What do you expect us to do, sit around
and stare blankly at our computer screens?

You're funny.

----- signature -----

Edit 
First | [1]