Peach Ball: Senran Kagura
(games)
MYFCOnline.com Message Boards » + News and Announcements »
Image Gallery Update :)!

First | [1] | 2 | >
Image Gallery Update :)!
Cmdr_Gabe_E on Jul 01, 2018 13:06:02

Posts » 400

Hi, Everyone!!! Just want to reiterate a couple of important points from my original message here [ LINK ]

First of all, IF I BRING BACK THE IMAGE GALLERY RIGHT NOW, IT WILL MAX OUT MYFC AND THE ENTIRE WEBSITE WILL GO DOWN! I think we'd rather have a part of the website up than not, right?

I did back up the Image Gallery, and with that said...

I've not completely given up on the Photo Gallery :D! I'm still thinking of ways to get it back without pissing off the web sever. I've even thought about using a "content delivery network" like Google Drive, or maybe I'll bring it back but only allow (new) images to be links to images hosted elsewhere (images from imgur, deviantart, other photo upload sites, etc). My ideal solution is to revive it without compromising the rest of the site.

I'll keep on looking for solutions, and hopefully, Photo Gallery makes a return ^_^!
Thank you for your understanding and your patience :D! (Trust me, this was the last thing I had in mind as a weekend starter.)

Please let me repeat the first sentence of that quote...

I'm still thinking of ways to get it back without pissing off the web sever.

So please BE PATIENT as a find ways to bring it back up :)!!! Please read the first bold sentence in the post to see why I can't just bring it back at this very moment.

I'm excited to get it back too! I had hundred of images there as well!

As for putting a limit on the images posted, when the Image Gallery does come back up, I will make it so that you can only share images rather than upload them directly to the site. ALTHOUGH, putting a limit per member is a good idea and something I could think about implementing when IG returns :D!

----- signature -----

You can trace the history of my fandoms on the footprints of my spouses ;).
Edit 
Re: Image Gallery Update :)!
Charlotte on Jul 01, 2018 13:10:51

Posts » 156

CAN WE DELETE CONTENT PLEASE?

I think we are all fine with it being gone for a short time
it's more that we didn't get any warning/notice about the issue
so we couldn't save anything.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Cmdr_Gabe_E on Jul 01, 2018 13:21:04

Posts » 400

HI, CHARLOTTE :D! The website was actually down for about 30 minutes on Friday because it was maxed out >_<! So I had to take out A LOT of files ASAP to get it back up.

I wasn't happy about it either and spent almost all day, up to early Saturday taking out the Image Gallery PROPERLY (backing up stuff, updating code so that the entire site can work without it, etc etc.).

COPY THAT ON ABILITY FOR ADMIN TO REMOVE IMAGES :D! I think it is a NECESSITY at this point. So I will make sure admins can do that when the Image Gallery comes back.

Just sit tight as I work on getting it back up. I don't know if I can get it back up today or tomorrow, but hopefully some time next week ^_^!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jul 01, 2018 13:25:17

Posts » 156

Might be helpful to get rid of titles as well, not sure if that would help the space/bandwidth issue but I would assume so?
Get of the like 8 million copies we have. xD

I'm glad it's backed up though!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 13:25:55

Posts » 78

WE CAN WAIT ON THE IMAGE GALLERY.

JUST GIVE US BACK OUR CODES.

THE SIDE IMAGE CODES DON'T WORK AND NEITHER DO ANY OF THE SCREEN CODES, RE DIRECT CODES OR DISABLE RIGHT CLICK CODES.

----- signature -----

He's my man and I love him so much..

Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 13:33:24

Posts » 78

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 13:37:17

Posts » 78

----- signature -----

Edit 
Cmdr_Gabe_E on Jul 01, 2018 13:51:00

Posts » 400

HI, ALICE :D! It was a request from the a Moderator to remove things that make it difficult for them to look at a profile page. Like there are some profile pages where you can't see their page at all because a huge image is blocking all their info @_@.

MODERATOR/S, please let me know if it's aok to return these advanced features to profile pages :).

ALICE, it's also possible that when I did that, it affected those who use the same code but don't block their entire profile page.

Another thing we can do (and MODERATORS, please confirm if this is AOK for you as well, as you are the ones who go into member pages more :)), that I will go ahead and return the code that Alice is describing, but if a member is found to be abusing them (like blocking their ENTIRE PROFILE PAGE with an image), that that member could be banned if they don't remove the image. Whacha think?

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jul 01, 2018 14:05:19

Posts » 156

We (mods) are fine with full images, we found a work around to block/pm people using links so it's not a big deal.
I think people would rather have full images anyways,

----- signature -----

Edit 
Charlotte on Jul 01, 2018 14:06:53

Posts » 156

Not sure if there is a way you could do both,
maybe making a block/pm feature that isn't tied to profiles,
like by inputting the username or user ID in a form or something
so we can have both?
But full image takes priority.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alexa on Jul 01, 2018 14:09:04

Posts » 102

I like using the full page image to hide my old accounts,
so I don't have to remove everything from them
to keep people from stalking my old information.
I usually used a redirect code to direct members to my current profile.

I do miss the side images.
But I don't think I saw anyone abusing them.
There are ways to PM, Message and Block people
even with an image over their profile.
Just by using their Member ID.
Like my ID is 43170.

http://www.myfconline.com/boards/?do=add&type=pm&member_id=43170
Add Friend:
http://www.myfconline.com/boards/?do=add&type=friend&member_id=43170
Block:
http://www.myfconline.com/boards/?do=block_user&member_id=43170
Unblock:
http://www.myfconline.com/boards/?do=unblock_user&member_id=43170

Some of the spots on profiles show up above some images anyway.
But if there was a way you could make the
Add / Block / Unblock / Message
Or even the Ban buttons hover above the codes
and everything else that would help.
I'm not very code savvy though. c'x
I'm just learning as I go.

----- signature -----

MEMBER MODERATOR ALEXA

Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 14:16:44

Posts » 78

Just like Lugia said, which we have mentioned many times, there are easy ways to get around the URLs. No one abused the side images, which for the most part didn't intervene with the links, and even so, you give us no security measures to protect the content we post. I have photos of the christmas lights on my HOUSE in an old journal that people can now save. I post my real life face on here that can also be saved. The screen code and disable right click code HELPED GIVE ME A SENSE OF DIGITAL PRIVACY. This is why I posted as often as I do because the codes made me feel like I was safe, and you took away all that.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 14:19:34

Posts » 78

I mean, really if someone wants to block me that badly, I could temporarily remove the codes from my profile so they can block me.... like.... I don't get it. There's only like 5 people on this site that use those codes anyway.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Cmdr_Gabe_E on Jul 01, 2018 14:24:07

Posts » 400

HI, ALICE, LUGIA and CHARLOTTE :D! Thanks for the feedback :D!
ALICE, can you confirm that they are working for you now? They should be working againnn :)!!!

----- signature -----

Edit 
Zinnlia on Jul 01, 2018 17:17:01

Posts » 29

I mean, you say it was a mod that asked you to take down the codes, but that was 5 months ago.

We all ended up resolving it, so.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Cmdr_Gabe_E on Jul 01, 2018 17:56:55

Posts » 400

Hi, zinn :D! Yeappers, i just found out that it wasn't an issue anymore so i removed the block :)! When i was fixing the site from the file limit issue, i was already in the code so i thought i might as well do that request. But once again, the admins already found a way around it, so yay!

I will still need to block it from the message boards though. When alice's code applied here, nobody could post or do anything! Lol!

----- signature -----

Edit 
VictorXIbarra on Jul 01, 2018 21:42:47

Posts » 21

Another thing we can do (and MODERATORS, please confirm if this is AOK for you as well, as you are the ones who go into member pages more :)), that I will go ahead and return the code that Alice is describing, but if a member is found to be abusing them (like blocking their ENTIRE PROFILE PAGE with an image), that that member could be banned if they don't remove the image. Whacha think?

I fear I may be a bit late on this, however why not create a feature/code that prevents pages (such as Ariel's) from rendering the full code of their content but rather a stripped down non-HTML related version instead?

I know to some this may sound a bit unorthodox, however when I had my roleplaying website that's what I created for users who were abusing the Myspace 1.0 style codes and even Myspace (back then) did something similar so people had the power to control what type of profiles they'd like to see (Stripped down non-HTML versions or FULL HTML ones.)

I will still need to block it from the message boards though. When alice's code applied here, nobody could post or do anything! Lol!

Did the same on my site, service/public areas would not have full blown HTML capabilities but blogs/profiles would.

Just my two cents.

----- signature -----

Philippians 1:3 - I thank my God every time I remember you.
Philippians 1:5 - he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.
Psalm 150:6 - Let everything that has breath praise the LORD.

Matthew 6:34 - Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 22:00:52

Posts » 78

@VictorXIbarra

Um, why do you only ever pop in when big changes happen here (not often at all)? You act like you care but you don't even use the site.

----- signature -----

Edit 
Zinnlia on Jul 01, 2018 22:06:36

Posts » 29

We don't need to ban someone for covering up their profile. Some people use that code for privacy or while their profiles are under construction.

I know to some this may sound a bit unorthodox, however when I had my roleplaying website that's what I created for users who were abusing the Myspace 1.0 style codes and even Myspace (back then) did something similar so people had the power to control what type of profiles they'd like to see (Stripped down non-HTML versions or FULL HTML ones.)

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Okay, dude, like you're never even ON. LOL.
This whole debacle was over someone wanting to block someone. Alice didn't put the code there to get away with something or "abuse the sytem". She did it to prevent right clicks and watermark her entire profile. Ya know, people still take screens and if you have a film over it, at least the picture comes out with a blue tint or whatever. Hence, why mine has a pink/purple since it also discourages people from taking screens. Mostly people using this film is Alexa, Alice, and me. LOL

Two of the admins are using and advocating to keep it because no one is using it in the first place to "ab000se d@ system".

----- signature -----

Edit 
Alice on Jul 01, 2018 22:18:03

Posts » 78

Some people actually post frequently on here? Not everything I post I want people saving to their computers or tracking in some way. I have real life pictures of myself on here, my pets, things in my daily life? Like?? Some people like feeling safe with the pictures they post? These codes act as a security barrier for me and others. No, you don't HAVE to use them, and most members don't. But I like to. They are beautiful, appealing, but also prevent people from saving the pictures I post.

----- signature -----

Edit 
First | [1] | 2 | >